What is Work sampling?
Work sampling is a research technique where workers are observed at random times and their activities recorded. The data collected can be converted to percentages indicating the overall distribution of how their time is spent in various categories.
In a work sampling study, many observations are made of the workers over an extended period of time. For statistical accuracy, the observations must be taken at random times during the period of study, and the period must be representative of the types of activities performed by the subjects.
How work is Measured?
- Work can be measured using following work measurement techniques -
- Stopwatch Time Study
- Production Time Study
- Work Sampling
- PMTS (Predetermined Motion Time Standards)
Work sampling is a technique for studying work methods –
- Selection of machines or operators to be studied
- Collection of data regarding the work to be studied
- Calculation of no of observations to be made
- Calculation of time interval between observations
- Preparation of data collection sheet
- Conduct work sampling study
- Analyse data
- Work sampling gives an unbiased result since workmen are not under close observation.
- A work sampling study may be interrupted at any time without affecting the results.
- Work sampling can be conducted by anyone with limited training. There is no need to have experts.
- Teamwork can be studied by work sampling and not by the time-study.
- Work sampling is economical and less time-consuming than time study. This is because more than one worker can be studied at the same time. Secondly, observer needs not to be present himself for a long time
PMI helps you to identify and map the existing system and conceptualize the solution that will elevate your manufacturing to the next level with clear projections of Manpower cost-saving, Productivity & Quality Improvement.
OUR SCAN TO BIM PACKAGES
Why Choose Us?
Use Case: Title
Speak With Our Experts
To learn more about our Scan to BIM services, please fill out the form below.
An expert from our team will be in touch with you shortly!