What is Value Stream Mapping?
Value stream mapping (VSM) is defined as a lean tool that employs a flowchart documenting every step in the process. Many lean practitioners see VSM as a fundamental tool to identify waste, reduce process cycle times, and implement process improvement.
VSM helps users create a solid implementation plan that will maximize their available resources and help ensure that materials and time are used efficiently.
Steps in VSM –
- Selecting a Product Family.
- Drawing the Current State Map.
- Drawing the Future State Map.
- Achieving the Future State.
How is VSM Performed?
- Collecting all the Data for Current State Map.
- Calculating the Total Lead Time.
- Identifying Lean Waste in the Process Flow.
- Reducing Lead Time by Implementing Continuous Flow & Pull Systems.
- Levelling the Production Mix & Volume by Using Heijunka box.
- Suggesting Improvements Points in Kaizen Lightening Burst.
- Planning to Achieve the Future state in Stepwise Manner.
- Identify waste
- Identify bottlenecks
- Provides Centre Point for Conversation on Future Growth
- Make processes efficient
- Improve cross-functional collaboration
- Improve end-product quality
- Customer Dynamic change in requirement can be Fulfilled.
- Reduced in Process Inventory.
Creating Real Time Data Value Stream Maps and Feedback System.
Why Choose Us?
Use Case: Title
1Do you use any software for plotting VSM chart or just use excel?
Yes, we use Microsoft Visio and Microsoft excel for plotting VSM chart.
2Do you involve plant team during VSM study?
Yes, we involve plant CFT for better understanding and clarity to plant team.
3Do you complete the study in plant (Client site) or offline (PMI office)?
No, we just collect the data from client site and further working is done at PMI office.
Speak With Our Experts
To learn more about our Scan to BIM services, please fill out the form below.
An expert from our team will be in touch with you shortly!