What is Stopwatch Time Study?
Stopwatch Time Study is one of the equipment used for Time Study. It is employed for measuring the time taken by an operator to complete the work. Stopwatch used for time study purpose should be very accurate and preferably be graduated in decimals so that it can recover even up to 0.01 minute.
How work is Measured?
- Work can be measured using following work measurement techniques -
- Stopwatch Time Study
- Production Time Study
- Work Sampling
- PMTS (Predetermined Motion Time Standards)
Stopwatch time study is a technique for studying work methods –
- Analyse the job to establish the quality to be achieved in the job.
- Identify key operations to be timed in the job.
- Get improved procedure from the method study department.
- Organise resources and explain the objectives of time study to the worker and supervisor.
- Explain details to worker about improved working procedure.
- Break operation into elements to separate the constant elements from variable elements.
- Observe and record the time taken by an operator.
- Determine for number cycles to be timed and then the average time or representative time can be found out.
- Calculate normal time from observed time by using performance rating factor.
- Add process allowance rest and personal allowance and special allowances to the normal time in order to obtain standard time or allowed time.
- Standard time determination by adding normal time and allowances.
- Estimation of equipment or machinery requirement
- Estimation of production cost per unit to determine/fix selling price.
- Estimating manpower requirements.
- Balancing the work of operators constituting a group.
- Estimating delivery dates.
- Estimating times required for a specified inventory level generation.
- Estimation of labour costs.
- Making alternative investment decision in purchasing machines/ equipment.
- Developing efficient plant layout and material handling arrangement.
- The evaluation of productivity of various workstations.
- The development of individual or group incentive schemes for above average performance
PMI helps you to identify and map the existing system and conceptualize the solution that will elevate your manufacturing to the next level with clear projections of Manpower cost-saving, Productivity & Quality Improvement.
Why Choose Us?
Use Case: Title
Speak With Our Experts
To learn more about our Scan to BIM services, please fill out the form below.
An expert from our team will be in touch with you shortly!