What is MUDA?
Muda is a Japanese word meaning "wasteful" and is a key concept in the Toyota Production System (TPS), the precursor to LEAN Manufacturing. Muda is a process that does not add value. The customer is only willing to pay for work that adds value. Therefore, reducing or eliminating Muda is an effective way to increase profitability and is a fundamental philosophy to LEAN manufacturing practices.
8 Types of MUDA –
- Waste of overproduction (largest waste)
- Waste of time on hand (waiting)
- Waste of transportation
- Waste of processing itself
- Waste of stock at hand
- Waste of movement
- Waste of making defective products
- Resource under-utilization
How to Reduce MUDA?
- Identifying waste.
- Analysis on the identified waste.
- Eliminate or reduce the waste through Improvements.
- Reduced Lead Time.
- Reduced Operating Costs.
- Improved business performance Visibility.
- Exceed customer expectations.
- Improved product delivery.
PMI brings to bear our expertise in Waste identification and analysis by employing a range of tools to help you determine how your facility can attain and exceed target outputs.
Why Choose Us?
Use Case: Title
Speak With Our Experts
To learn more about our Scan to BIM services, please fill out the form below.
An expert from our team will be in touch with you shortly!